All the different branches of health care can get confusing. Below are some answers to frequently asked questions about our services. And by all means, give us a call at [Your Phone Number]. We are happy to answer your questions!
- Who is best suited to palliative care?
- Do we have to give up on a cure?
- Can we keep our regular doctors?
- When should we begin palliative care?
- What does palliative care cost?
- How do we get started with palliative care?
Who is best suited to palliative care?
People who turn to palliative care have a serious medical condition. Their disease makes day-to-day living very uncomfortable. They are seeking relief from
- physical pain, perhaps from a tumor or lung condition.
- difficult symptoms, such as nausea, fatigue, and shortness of breath. These symptoms may be caused by the disease. Or they may be caused by treatments intended to cure the disease.
- emotional distress, feeling anxious or depressed.
- spiritual pain, a deep questioning of faith.
Palliative care specializes in easing pain, discomfort, and distress on all levels.Return to top
Do we have to give up on a cure?
Not at all! Palliative care is an extra layer of support in addition to your treatment. Your other doctors are focusing on the cure. Our team is available to relieve pain and discomfort. We even provide relief of symptoms caused by curative treatments such as chemo and radiation.Return to top
Can we keep our regular doctors?
Absolutely! Our palliative care specialists serve as consultants to your regular doctorsReturn to top
When should we begin palliative care?
Palliative care is appropriate for any age of patient and any stage of a serious illness. Ask for a palliative care consult if your loved one has received a serious diagnosis, especially if he or she is experiencing any pain, discomfort or distress.Return to top
What does palliative care cost?
Palliative care is delivered at no charge to the patient. In certain situations, Medicare, Medicaid or private insurance may provide coverage. If they don’t, the service is covered by the generosity of our donors. If you have concerns, call us at [Your Phone Number] and we can help you determine your coverage. No one will be turned away due to an inability to pay.Return to top
How do we get started with palliative care?
Ask your doctor for a referral to palliative care. Referrals can also be made by the hospital or a home health agency.Return to top