We save you time
Some patient and family situations are complicated. There’s a serious illness. Perhaps the patient and all family members don’t agree about goals of care. You may not have time to devote to the intense conversations required to help everyone get on the same page. We do!
Stabilizing symptoms = fewer readmissions
In addition, our palliative care experts can help relieve difficult symptoms, such as pain, nausea, trouble breathing, depression, and anxiety. We support family caregivers with strategies that give them confidence to handle the situation at home. This means fewer emergency room visits, fewer readmissions.
Consider a palliative care consult if you have a seriously ill patient with any of the following:
- Multiple hospitalizations
- Difficult physical or emotional symptoms
- Reduced ability to complete activities of daily living
- Weight loss
- Limited social support (e.g., mental illness, homelessness)
- Family or patient confusion or conflict about prognosis or goals of care
- Family requests for futile treatments